Saturday, May 6, 2017

Give thanks! 1 Thessalonians 5:18; In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you


As I read this verse I can't but stop to reflect on my day. I was so consumed by all the things that were going wrong. In my apartment building each resident is assigned two parking spot. When I was leaving for work I noticed that another tenant was parked in one of my spot. I immediately allowed the enemy to take a foot hold of my thoughts and all day the parking spot was at the top of my thoughts. Without realizing, it prevented from embracing God's love and blessings that He provided for the day. 

Now laying in bed thinking how horrible my day was; my loving Father in His mercy quiets my mind and peacefully shows me all that He has done for me throughout the day and the peace I missed because I didn't have a heart of gratitude. First Thessalonians 5:18 reminds me to always have a heart of thankfulness and to trust God's perfect molding of my character in each situation I encounter in life.

Let us not allow the cares of this world to cloud our minds from the bountiful blessings God provides for us each day. We will most certainly regret it in the end. 

"And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful." Mark 4:19

-Yonique Coley

2 comments:

  1. So true!!! Distractions from the blessings to come. It reminds me of the prayer Yeshua mentioned in part... "our daily bread"... because each day not only are we blessed with the physical things needed for body but also spiritual things needed to feed our spirit to keep us in the will of Yah. So as each day comes there are always blessings to prosper us from the inside out if we just sit back and receive whatever provision that is needed for that day. Oh how so easily we can loose it by the distractions of the world. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Amana. A good friend of mine wrote this entry. Such a good reminder how we shouldn't allow the cares of this world to turn our attention away from Him, not even for a moment.

      Amana has a really nice blog that not only talks about Yah's help in our time of need but has recipes and health info.

      http://amanabayah.com/

      Delete